Dear CBA Members,
The Cumberland Business Association (CBA) celebrated its official first-year anniversary in July, 2021.
Since becoming a non-for-profit Business Association, CBA’s current four-member volunteer working Board has successfully grown CBA to include over 100 diverse, unique business members! Besides becoming fully established as a BA, the CBA Board and its member volunteers successfully advocated for businesses, completed numerous key initiatives and developed meaningful working relationships/partnerships with key external stakeholders.
As a Business Association, we pride ourselves on the level of services and benefits that we give to our CBA members.
- Advocacy: This may be a letter of support, having a voice in the community, accessing insightful information/persons, sharing ideas and/or concerns for community improvements, and providing a direct line for communicating with the Village of Cumberland’s Economic Development Officer.
- The CBA Member’s Lounge: a private member-only Facebook Group that acts as a business communication hub and community connection resource.
- CBA’s Business Directory support-local CBA Member listings on our website, www.lovecumberland.ca
- Discounted banking fees at First Credit Union
- Discounted advertising rates in various publications that include Currently Cumberland and the CVCollective
- A monthly e-newsletter with important information about events, news, opportunities and/or promotions for businesses
- Business Educational seminars
- A promotional business feature story and professional photograph of you and your business that is promoted on our social media platforms
- Advantages: In working with Tourism Vancouver Island, there are further advantages in being a CBA member that included TVI’s purchase of gift cards from our businesses that were gifted to visitors at their Cumberland tourism info booth Summer 2021, and a ‘Support Local’ video currently in production.
- Involvement opportunity to be a part of the building of Cumberland by becoming a CBA Board member or a volunteer on the CBA steering committee
In order to ensure we can continue to provide these great services, we’ll be increasing our fees effective September 17, 2021.
Our new rates will be effective immediately for all new and renewing CBA members.
This means that your annual fee will increase from $50 to $75. We aim to keep our membership affordable.
You don’t need to do anything as we have changed the fee directly on the CBA website for membership sign up and renewals. If you would like to discuss the fee increase, please email email@example.com
The Cumberland Business Association gratefully accepts additional donations (large or small). Donations are needed to help facilitate grant applications, improvements, signage, beautification and accessibility issues etc. BA (Cumberland) relies heavily on govt grants and support, donations and membership fees for their operational funding, unlike a BIA that gets the bulk of their annual funding from a percentage of their municipal commercial land taxes.
Direct funding is very beneficial and we will happily accept additional financial supportive donations to the CBA.
We look forward to continuing to work in partnership with the Cumberland business community by showcasing what makes this community vibrant and unique as well as help shape Cumberland by creating memorable experiences through promotion, recruitment, advocacy and economic development.
Cumberland Business Association